- Do release the starter key once the engine has started.
- Do check the proper functioning of oil pressure gauge and battery charging indicator once the engine has started.
- Do get the tightness of cylinder head and manifold nuts checked regularly
Air Inlet System
- Do inspect the air element clean if necessary.
- Do check are the inlet Hose and clamps regularly.
- Do drain sediments from the fuel tank periodically
- Do clean fuel tank throughly once in every 500 hrs.
- Do drain water and sediments from the water separator & feed pumpstrain bowl.
- Do change filter regularly as recommended as per recommended service schedule.
- Do fill in diesel in the tank at the end of the day\’s work so as to avoid condensation.
- Do ensure that pull to stop cable / knowb is not in pulled condition.
Water cooling System
- Do ensure that radiator is always filled with clean (soft) water & radiator cap in tight.
- Do clean the radiator front grill to ensure free flow of air when the engine is operating.
- Do ensure proper tension of fan belt. Deflection should not be more than (10 mm) when pressure is applied between the fan pulley and the crankshaft pulley.
- Do replace engine oil after first 50hrs of operation. Thereafter, should be refilled every 250 engine oil working hrs.
- Do replace lubricant oil filter element every 20 working hrs. After Ist replacement at 50 hrs.
- Do remove fly wheel housing bottom plug and check for oil traces.
- Do not keep on continuously cranking the engine with starter key. It will shorten the life of battery & starter.
- Do not race the engine in neutral or at the time of cranking.
Air Inlet System
- Do not run the tractor if the air cleaner assembly is defective as this will lead to impure air being taken in and consequently excessive wear of liners and piston rings.
- Do not keep the fuel tank without a proper sealing cap.
- Do not use contaminated fuel as if may effect the operation of fuel injection pump and the injections.
- Do not use bad quality spurious filters as replacement.
- Do not allow leakage through fuel pipe joints.Do not replace both fuel filters at a time.
Water Cooling System
- Do not run the tractor with the radiator cap removed/non- acting radiator cap.
- Do not run the tractor when the radiator hoses are leaking as it will lead to or heating of the engine.
- Do not remove thermostat as it will effect engine performance.
- Do not run the belt tight as it will lead to premature failure of water pump and alternator bearing.
- Do not run the belt loose as it will lead to inefficient cooling and improper charging of the battery.
- Do not use wrong grade of lubrication oil.
- Do not mix different brands of engine oil.
- Do ensure that the exhaust passage is not blocked
- Do ensure that clutch free pedal play is between 15 to 25 mm.
- Do ensure that the clutch pedal is released slowly while moving the tractor.
- Do not rest the foot on the clutch pedal.
- Do not work the tractor by slipping and re-engaging the clutch.
- Do not coast down steep slopes with tractor in neutral/with clutch pedal depressed.
- Do change the transmission oil after 400 & subsequently hrs. of operation.
- Do check the condition of rubber protection bellows on the gear levers periodically as they prevent infiltration of water and dust into gear box
- Do not use top gears with low engine rpm.
Hydraulic System & Linkage
- Do ensure that both hydraulic control levers are in down position while draining the transmission oil.
- Do ensure that the hydraulic strainer is cleaned at every schedule.
- Do adjust the top link for proper length.
- Do ensure that the lift cover bolts are always tight.
- Do keep the lower links in lifted position when the tractor is moving without an implement mounted on it.
- Do keep the ball joints on top and lower links clean and dry. Do not lubricate them.
- Do ensure that implements are raised and lower using the position control lever only and not the draft control lever.
- Do not move the operational control range to fast response, while the tractor is on a hard surface like concrete, as the implement will crash down and get damaged
- Do not attempt to pull or tow anything from the top link connection. It is dangerous
- Do not use bolts place of linch pins.
- Do not reverse the tractor with PTO driven implement attached and PTO lever in ground PTO position implement may get damaged in reverse
- Do keep the brake pedals locked with interlocking latch when the tractor is not being used in field.
- Do use parking brakes when the vehicle is stationary
- Do check loose connections in linkage mechanism.
- Do grease brake pedal bush, brake bracket connections.
- Do not attempt to turn sharply using independent brakes when traveling at high speed. This may cause the tractor to overturn.
- Do not rest foot on the brake pedal.
Front Axle & Steering Mechanism
- Do lubricate the Bushes and steering drag links periodically.
- Do get the toe-in adjusted by an authorised service centre periodically. It should be maintained between (3-6 mm)
- Do check the tightness of front and rear wheels recommended torque (Front wheel is 160 mm, Rear wheel 200 mm.)
- Do flush oil once a year or 1000 hrs which ever is earlier. If tractor is not in operation
- Do not use wrong grade of oil for lubrication of steering gear box.
- Do operate the tractor with correct tyre pressure. This will lead to better traction, longer tyre life and better fuel consumption.
- Do not allow oil, grease and some crop spray containing considerable amounts of acid and alkalies to contaminate the tyre. These can cause considerable damage to the tyre if they penetrate into plies through small holes or splits.
- Do not operate the tractor with excessive tyre pressure
- Do ensure that the battery terminals are kept clean.
- Do ensure terminal base is Lubricated with petroleum jelly.
- Do earth the tractor by wrapping a chain around the front axle, dropping one end of the chain on the ground.
- Do not change leads of the battery terminals as this will lead to failure of electrical components.
- Do not leave the battery leads in the connected position if the tractor is not going to be used for a long period of time.
- Do not overfill the battery with distilled water. The level should be just enough to submerge the battery plates.
- Do not do any welding in the tractor without disconnecting Battery terminals
Let’s Join hands
- Do switch off the engine when tractor is not in operation. Avoid unnecessary idling.
- Do operate at Optimum speed and correct gear.
- Do maintain the recommended tyre pressure for fuel efficient operation and long life of tyres. Check daily.
- Do use matching trailer for transportation. Ensure proper hitching. Never overload the trailer.
- Do maintain your tractor in good working condition.
- Do replace genuine parts from SONALIKA Authorised Dealers.
EVERY DROP COUNTS
To save oil
- Do not allow fuel or oil to leak. Ensure that the joints are adequately tight.
- Do not spill fuel or oil while filling or topping up. Use funnel.
- Do not overfill engine oil as this can cause excessive oil consumption and oil leaks.
- Do not ride the clutch or brake pedal.
- Do not allow the rear wheel to slip. Use ballast, if necessary.
- Do not use worn-out tyres.
- Do not use inferior quality lubricants, use only recommended grade
For Better performance
- Ensure that safety shields are in place and in good condition.
- Read all operating instructions before commencing to operate Tractor.
- Keep the air cleaner clean.
- Fit new sealing rings when the filter elements are changed.
- Watch the oil pressure gauge or warning light and investigate any abnormality immediately.
- Ensure that the transmission is in neutral before starting the engine.
- Keep all fuel in cleans storage and uses a filter when filling the tank.
- Attend to minor adjustments and repairs as soon as the necessity is apparent.
- Allow the engine to cool before removing the radiator filler cap and adding water, remove the radiator cap slowly.
- Shift into low gear when driving down steeps hills.
- Latch the brake pedals together when driving on a highway.
- Keep draft control lever fully down when not in use.
For safe operation
- Do not Run the engine with the air cleaner disconnected.
- Do not Start the tractor in an enclosed building unless the doors and windows are open for proper ventilation.
- Do not Operate the tractor or engine while lubricating or cleaning.
- Do not Temper with the fuel injection pump, (if the seal is broken) the warranty becomes void.
- Do not Allow the engine to idle for a long period.
- Do not Use the independent brakes for making turns on the highway or at high speeds.
- Do not Refuel the tractor with the engine running.
- Do not Use the draft control lever for lifting of implements.
- Do not Start the engine with the PTO engaged